So, I had an Idea...



I picked up a copy of "Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry" from Half Price Books (I have to confess though, I didn't finish it...). I noticed that, a few pages into the book, it's last owner had made a flip book out of the bottom right hand corner depicting a stick figure shooting a cannon. It amused me.

Honestly though, my favorite part about reading used books is finding other people's notes and doodles in the margins. It adds character, and their scribbled thoughts springboard new thoughts of my own as I read.

So, I had a idea.

I think it would be really cool to start a book-lending group, in which people must write in the books they borrow.

Is anyone interested?

19 comments:

Paul Hastings said...

This is curious...

So what would this entail?

skippinginaroundtherain said...

I'm still working out the details, but here's what I've got so far:

If some people are interested, I can set up a Google Group for it. From there, people on the group can collaborate a list of books that they are willing to lend. The list can include how many people have read each of the books so far. That way, when choosing a book, people can tell if they're getting one that's been written in already.

Grace said...

Oh, heavens-to-Betsey, yes. =)

Peter Fearing said...

I support this idea! Though I'm not in the right spot to participate...

Paul Hastings said...

Sounds cool to me. I'll do it (as long as we're writing notes in "non-brand-new" books).

So count me in. :)

anna said...

I'll do it!
:D

Rebecca said...

That's fairly awesome. I'm very interested.

Avery said...

yay! This makes me happy :)
Okay, so I'll go ahead and work on setting it up
@Peter: it only costs like $4.50 to send a book there and back through the mail...but you'll be at college, so that might be sorta difficult...idk, it'd be fun to have you on the loop.

Paul Hastings said...

@skippinginaroundtherain That would be @fearlesspeter

skippinginaroundtherain said...

Ooops. Thanks, Paul. I didn't even realize that "@" linked to people's jibenow accounts :p

Paul Hastings said...

...we learn something new every day... :)

Renee Sprinkle said...

If fed-exing's allowed, you can count me in!

madeleine said...

100% in.

Ben Amason said...

I'm interested. But do we absolutely HAVE to write in our books?

Nathan Exley said...

Sounds good to me, count me in.

Natalie said...

Hey, please count me in.

Natalie Choo said...

Hey, Avery, could you please count me in? It's interesting to join a book lending club :D

skippinginaroundtherain said...

Okay, I've finally made the google group. So, I'll go ahead and invite everyone :)

Peter said...

yeah! i got a random mention!

Post a Comment